Sustainable energy options for your non-profit makes sense!
Today, many non-profit and government organizations are demonstrating environmental leadership in their communities by adapting an energy efficient approach to life. Besides providing environmental benefits and helping to hedge against the constant rise of electricity and gas rates, generous federal, provincial and municipal incentives provide additional motivation for government and non-profit organizations to choose solar and other alternatives. In Ontario, non-profit organizations are eligible for the Micro-FIT program which provides participants with a 20 year fixed term contract to purchase solar generated electricity at rates as high of 80.2 cents/ kWh. Visio Energy has extensive experience with non-profit projects and our team is available in assisting from funding applications to system integration.
Visio Energy will design and install custom systems appropriate for your site, your power requirements, and your budget.
- First we start by evaluating your facility for the feasibility of installing a Solar PV system that would qualify under the Ontario Power Authority’s (OPA) Feed in Tariff (FIT) program.
- Next we evaluate your current energy usage, looking for ways to reduce your bills with energy efficiency and conservation techniques.
- Then, we design and suggest a solar electrical (photovoltaic/PV) system, solar water heating (solar thermal), solar pool heating or some other appropriate solution.
- Upon selecting the appropriate solution, our team determines whether our equipment should be mounted on the roof of your building, integrated into a new building structure such as a parking structure or awning, or ground mounted.
- Finally, we’ll handle every aspect of the process from professional on-site assessments, financing approvals, system design and installation, permit sign-off, utility interconnection, rebate procurements and ongoing maintenance.
How Does Solar Work
Our Clients are able to stay focused on their own daily activities while we deliver a full service approach to solar energy.
Visio Energy presents clients with a comprehensive assessment of their portfolio’s solar potential, identifying where solar delivers the most value, based on a analysis of current solar incentives available, utility rates, roof suitability, electrical load and solar resources.
Full Integrated Services
- Roof survey and warranty analysis
- Structural study
- Solar design and engineering
- Project management
- Utility interconnection and commissioning
- On-going system operations and maintenance
Flexible Finance Options?
Visio Energy works closely with its financial partners to offer the most cost-effective and comprehensive financing options available from traditional financing to solar roof leases.
For organizations, families or individuals electing to own the system, we work with financial institutions that provide long-term bank loans in support of solar installations. A traditional purchase with leverage overlay can provide the greatest return on investment.
The lease option allows organizations to receive the benefit of solar energy with significantly reduced upfront costs. Leases can be structured as a capital, operating or tax lease depending on the client’s financial requirements.
Solar Roof Lease
The Roof Lease program empowers building owners to leverage existing assets and enhance the return on investment from their properties. The program provides 20 year roof lease revenue with 20 year bundled warranty protection for both the roof and solar equipment.
Benefits of Solar
Current Government Rebates & Tax Credits
Currently the Ontario’s feed-in tariff or FIT Program is North America’s first comprehensive guaranteed pricing structure for renewable electricity production. It offers stable prices under long-term contracts for energy generated from renewable sources. The FIT Program was enables by the Green Energy and Green Economy Act 2009 which was passed into law on May 14, 2009.
By encouraging the development of renewable energy in Ontario, the FIT Program will:
- Help Ontario phase out coal-fired electricity generation by 2014- the largest climate change initiative in Canada
- Boost economic activity and the development of renewable energy technologies
- Create new green industries and jobs
Excellent Return on investment (ROI)
An investment in solar PV power provides a long-term revenue stream. The ROI on a solar system comes from the guaranteed revenue the Ontario Government pays you for every kWh your system produces. Government incentives, combined with recent decreases in solar equipment prices, can make an investment in solar power a good financial decision.
Solar Water Heating Systems (solar thermal)
Harvest energy using a simple, yet time-proven technology. Today’s solar water heating collectors have up to 60 percent efficiency in capturing the sun’s energy. They carry 10-year manufacture’s warranties, and have a life expectancy of at least 25 years.
Reliability & Low Maintenance of Solar electrical modules
Power most satellites in orbit, because they operate reliably for long periods of time, and require little or no maintenance. Here on earth, commercial solar-powered systems require little or no maintance, and will provide clean energy for 25 to 40 years. Solar electrical (PV) solar panels carry a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty that guarantees that the panels will maintain a minimum of 80 percent of their original production.
Advantages of Being a “Green” Non-profit
Being green is a great messaging tool. Today, many consumers make donation decisions based on the environmental responsibility of the organizations they support. When your organization announces its decision to go solar, you will receive positive exposure and strengthen your name recognition.